Sunday, February 24, 2019

ALL ABOUT MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE




The band was formed by Gerard Way and drummer Matt Pelissier in Newark, New Jersey.
Later on, Ray toro was recruited as the band's guitarist because at the time Way could not sing and play the guitar simultaneously. The name of the band was suggested by bass guitarist Mikey Way, the younger brother of Gerard. After Mikey Way being dropped out of college, he decided to join the band. Next, the band met Frank Iero, the lead vocalist & guitarist of his previous band called "Prency Prep" that broke up in 2002. Iero then became a member of My Chemical Romance

I'll be adding a little information on every member of the band... (I won't add Matt Pelissier because I think he didn't have a significant role in the band)

GERARD WAY






a.k.a Gerard Arthur Way,
was born on April 9 1977. He is an American singer, songwriter, musician, a comic book writer and the lead vocalist of MCR.
He married Lindsey Way, the bassist of an American electropunk band named "Mindless Self Indulgence. They had 1 daughter that's named Bandit Way.
Gerard is a strong and talented man that battled alcoholism in the past.





RAY TORO





a.k.a Raymond Manuel Toro-Ortiz, born on July 15 1977, An American musician, songwriter and a guitarist. He's also the backing vocalist of MCR. His big influence is Brian May, the guitarist of the rockband named Queen & some fans say that he plays like him. <3






FRANK IERO





a.k.a Frank Anthony Thomas Iero Jr. 
born on October 31 1981, He's an american musician and a rhythm guitarist, He's also the backup vocalist of MCR. He had a tough childhood because he suffered from bronchitis and ear infections. His father and grandfather are musicians which is a big influence to him. He married Jamia and had 2 twin daughters and 1 son. 
Frank is my favorite member of MCR because he inspired me to play guitar :)






BOB BRYAR



a.k.a Robert Nathaniel Corey, born on December 31, 1979, He's an American musician, a sound engineer and the best known last drummer of MCR/ replacing the former drummer Matt Pelissier.
I still don't understand the reason why he left the band. 




MIKEY WAY






a.k.a Michael James Way, was born on September 10,1980. He's an American musician, actor and a bassist. He has been close to his older brother Gerard Way as they make music together. I'm interested on playing the bass too because I was inspired by him & his bass skills <3


(2002)


They recorded their first album called I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love after 3 months of the formation of the band and released it in 2002 through Eyeball Records. 
This band's genres are Emo, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk and Hard Rock.

(2003-2006)

In 2003, the band signed a deal with Reprise Records. Then the band began working on their second album, which was named Three cheers for sweet revenge which was released on June 8, 2004. A month after the album's release, the band replaced Matt Pelissier with Bob Bryar because of accusation issues. The band released four singles from the album: "I'm not okay (I promise)","Thank you for the venom", "Helena" and "The Ghost of You". 
This is my favorite album because this is the first album that I listened to just before I transformed into an emo kid XD.

(2006-2009)

My Chemical Romance started recording their third studio album on April 10 2006, It was originally thought to be titled The Rise and Fall of My Chemical Romance, but in an interview with Kerrang! magazine, Gerard Way suggested this was just the album's working title, stating "It was never the title of the album.." etc.
On August 3, 2006, the band completed shooting the videos for their first two singles from the album, "Welcome to the black parade" & "Famous Last Words" was released in January 2007.
"Welcome to the black parade" was released as a single on September 11, 2006. On September 26, 2006, the music video for "Welcome to the Black Parade" was released in the UK, and on September 27 in the US. 
I love the features of the music video and I recommend you to listen to this song :)


 March 3, 2010
Iero announced on their official website that Bob Bryar had left the band which left the fans saddened and wondering at the same time.


(2010)

They announced the title of their album "Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys" (linking to the actual comic book). 
They wore unusual clothing in their song "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)".
Then they released their album on November 22 2010.
Frank Iero announced the band's official website entitled "Conventional Weapons" and they really enjoy making music in these past few months.
My favorite songs in this album are "The Kids From Yesterday" & "Na Na Na". <3


MARCH 22 2013
The band announced their break-up on their official website, the band denies that their altercations and arguments are the reason why they decided to part ways. Many fans were saddened by this announcement. (iNCLUDING ME OFCOURSE)

"Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure." -My Chemical Romance

After the announced break-up, Gerard,Frank,Mikey and Ray pursued making music on their own yet they're kind of underrated here in the Philippines.
In my opinion, I was also sad when I discovered that they aren't making music together anymore but I still support them on their solo careers.


MARCH 25, 2014

They released their greatest hit collection which is entitled "May Death Never Stop You", the track "Fake Your Death" was made available on February 17. This is also the last album of MCR & it is like a closing album of MCR in my opinion.

Even though they already broke up, I still listen to their songs especially when I'm stressed from school works and my personal issues, I really appreciate their music and I also listen to their solo albums & tracks such as Hesitant Alien (Gerard), Frank Iero and the future violents (Frank), and the collab of Gerard and Ray to the song "Happy Together" & "Hazy Shades of Winter" for the movie "Umbrella Academy".

Thank you for reading my blog & comment down below :)


SOURCES:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Cheers_for_Sweet_Revenge
https://www.wwbw.com/Alliance-My-Chemical-Romance-Danger-Days-True-Lives-Of-The-Fabulous-Killjoys-K57328.wwbw
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Parade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Brought_You_My_Bullets,_You_Brought_Me_Your_Love
http://czeshop.info/2017/my-chemical-romance-the-black-parade-era.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Toro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Iero
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bryar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikey_Way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Chemical_Romance#History






48 comments:

  1. INTERESTING TOPIC BTW

    like ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't really know about them, but this band seems cool and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your taste in music great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MCR since god knows when,I love your blog and your taste in music is AMEYZING! Don't get out of your emo phrase, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! what a nice article!!! ��������

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the description was detailed! Since chemical romance is also a part of my fave! Nice one!!❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog! It is very inspirational on how you idolise Chemical Romance! You really love them do you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog caught my interest because I know MCR as well, I've been listening to this band when my emo phase came. Ignore all the non-believers, we'll carry on! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks to u, i know more abt them now! thank youu

    ReplyDelete
  13. really really noiceeee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im not that familiar about this band but I find it interesting nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mcr was one of my favorite bands i i still they would regroup and make music again :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woww thats very interesting topic i want to know more about it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your blog! It is very informative and well explained!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved it so much. Thanks for the information very well detailed and their last album made me cry. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice bloggg!! It is very informative

    ReplyDelete